Friday, August 31, 2012

I've located at least 1000 places in India where smaller damns could be built on small / big rivers

I've located at least 1000 places in India where smaller damns could be built on small / big rivers

 It could be Himalayas, where I'm living today. It could be Sahyadris, where I lived in the past. It could be Vindhyachal where I lived in the past. It could be Satpuda Ranges, where I lived in the past.

Thus, the heavy rains that is swiping away lives and properties today, it's water could have been tapped and could have been used in a year when less rain situation could be there in future. I don't know why this, as well as Ganga-Kauveri Canal, and many such projects are called the idealistic situation, when it's possible to tap rain water in many ways. Once Indian population is 1.5 billion, at that time also it could be useful, otherwise contaminated water, is what people would be drinking.....

On same damns even the electricity can be produced.

I've seen one village one big water storage/ tank, been implemented at several places, hope this also could be done in future, it will generate lot of employment if done ethically.

Dr. Ashish Manohar Urkude,
ashish.urkude@gmail.com




No comments: