Sunday, April 19, 2009

I don't know the result of smart working, but I know the result of hard work

I don't know the result of smart working, but I know the result of hard work: (Poem):

One student came to me, asked, "Sir, I believe in smart work than hard work."
He was telling me about smart work and its advantages.
How he bunked the classes, still he got 6/10 marks and all that.
Then he told me, how he cheated Professors, and used symbol to copy in the exam room.
Then he told me how he doesn't study from books but studies by short-cuts and from short-notes,
Then he told me how, to cheat the system of examinations and enjoy the life.
The he told me how smartly he worked in the previous organisation before joining MBA.

I kept my mouth shut, and listened to him carefully, and laughed and enjoyed the way talked.
He said, he wanted me to listen to him, as he works smartly and get the faster results.

Then slowly, I said, " I have a doubt, if you allow me to interrupt."
He said, "Yes go ahead, now I am smart teacher and you are student,"
I said, "Is that so? Boy, I have experience of your age, still you say so?"
He claimed yes, he is fater than me and will achive more than me and others Professors.

Then, I said, "Boy, now what you do and how you do, we know, and next time you do cheating and all those smart things, I'll expell from this institute."

Then he said, "Then what is the fun in being friendly with students?"

I said, "There is demarkation line between Teachers and Students, you have crossed that limit.
Because of you my teachers are facing troubles in their job and life"

He said, "How?"

I said, "Once you copied few sentences from front bench student, that was marked red in the paper,

Once, you made fingure marks and that was noticed by the external examiner, but he left that issue as you didn't do it when he entered the calss.

Because of this my teacher, faced, thrashing from seniors, this part you don't know boy.

There are many such incidences we saved people like you who think they are smarter, but you don't know. "

The boy was simply shocked, he never knew, he is been watched by all seniors.

Then, I said, "Better you concentrate on studies now and try to work hard in your next job, then see the results."

The boy was flattened. He accepted his mistakes and then finally, I said,
"I don't know the result of smart working, but I know the result of hard work."

(Poet): Dr. Ashish Manohar Urkude, ashish.urkude@gmail.com

No comments: