Saturday, February 06, 2016

IIT-JEE paper in 10 minutes? What's wrong with the selection criteria of the top institutions / top bodies of the world?

IIT-JEE paper in 10 minutes? What's wrong with the selection criteria of the top institutions / top bodies of the world?
It happened several times. 
Yesterday, I went to a shop where apps were sold for preparations of IIT-JEE. This time I attempted Chemistry paper. An hour or more paper I could attempt in 10 minutes (The questions were taken from the actual IIT-JEE question paper) That too after 29 years I read/ studied those things. One of the child, (she was 12th standard student) said, "Sir, aapne tukka mara hoga?" Meaning, "You might have just casually marked those answers, and by fluke they all are write." I told her, how I came to the conclusions, and how I played with chemistry when worked in the Chemical plant....and told fundamentals those, which are mentioned in no books of the world. Told her as there are faster ways to calculate +, -, Division and Multiplication by Vedic Mathematics or Chinese and Tibetian ways, similarly there are ways for Chemistry and Physics as well. Then, she being child, I explained her each step, and forgiven her when she said, "Sorry Sir." She said, "First time, I saw someone attempting all questions perfectly that too in such a less time." Not even she but my wife and my children and several people around also thought it's fluke....hence this time I was not annoyed. Earlier, I didn't know why people feel like that....
Then, I told her, last time, I attempted Physics paper in 10 minutes and interviewers from IIT background for IIT - JEE classes, said, "We want all the steps, otherwise we won't select you for our institution to teach at (I said, "Mere" and laughed as I'm not money hungry) Rs. 100,000/ month." I said, "Instead, you should have asked me how I solved these questions so fast, as...and now... I'll not tell you, you might be interviewer ....but not students with true curiosity....and I shall tell steps only to students, as at present, I can't treat you as student as we all are grown ups as students, you should have that innocence of children and curiosity as well." Sadly, they didn't agreed. They said, "You should bow down or tone down in case you want job." Their ego of they are IIT'ens+ IIM background or such top ranked university studies background was reflected while interviewing. Later, several, sms for faculty came from them, but, how can I work with them who think they are already great, even though their contribution to the society at large is minuscule? .....Few couldn't believe man can remember all these things even after 30 years. I said, "Once I read it, I can't forget it, if/ till I wish. May be I was not top merit ranker, in the class at that time, but that makes no difference." He thought it has to be read several times and crammed to remember formulae and several things, then only anyone can solve these problems.....I tried to explain.....But in vain.... 
Same things happened in GRE to whoever I told the way they score more than 98%ile, same-thing happened at many places. Including CAT above 95%ile, GMAT above 95%ile, IAS/UPSC/ MPSC, GATE score to be got selected, etc. Many people said, "You hyperbole"...However, now a days when social sites are showing really my students to whom I mentor are doing great, Ex. Vijai Baskaran, or even Ms. Gaurangna... ...now they have started agreeing...Once, one of the close relative said, "Tu jast shahanpana nako karoo, tey IIT wale ahyet tyana jast kalat...etc." Meaning, that person is from IIT, you did your Engineering from Nagpur University, you're not as good as him, still you're arguing your answer is correct...you should tone down.... I said, "What answer to question has to do with person's background? I can show you genius persons who have not studied even at road side engineering colleges."....Then I took that friend to such people.... Ultimately, he asked me, "If they are such genius then why they couldn't succeed or market themselves or top NMC or Government bodies could or couldn't hire them?" 
I said, "Governments, Top World Bodies and Institutions and top MNC's don't have genius recruiters hence..... Just to add boy, the only best recruiter, as you're cricket fan, I tell you, in recent past, was Imran Khan who picked up Wasim Akram... and in the past was Chanakya/ Kautilya who selected Chandragupta Mourya...also, when I got chance, I also have selected few of my colleagues....but...because of my transparent selection criteria I was always in trouble....and hence I'm not Great Ashish....(we laughed a lot)." Then he said, "Come on Ashish uncle, Do you mean the word great or .....is fluke...?" (Again we laughed).
Come on, in the space age if you/we select crammers, how can we move faster? One of the relative said on this point.... "Governments and companies/ organisations require such crammers and not people who can take decision/s or implement things faster...." ...We laughed a lot. Then, I said, "Man, we need people who can find the solutions faster and implement it faster....even if we're in the hopeless system or situations. Thus... today in the Space and Advanced Computer age also it's true....and we need change in the section system itself...
Once, in the UNESCO conference I said, "I don't understand what IIT, IIM, MIT, Stanford, Harvard, and even NASA, ISRO, Roscosmos, CERN, UNO, World Bank, BRICS Bank, ....and other top institution want? Are they really moving at space age or still moving at Bullock Cart speed? Why can't I get selected?" Everyone laughed....when I told them how to solve each and every problem in USA, UNO, India, Russia, etc.....when some one asked me a demo....
Earlier also several times, I said, "These entrance exams can be cracked.....not attempted by people who are like me. Even IAS is also like that."
...Once I woke up in the morning and my younger sister asked me more than 50 odd questions from IAS History paper of 1995....I answered all of them correct.....etc.....I don't boast or hyperbole it's God's gift....in case people realize it...As opposite people are there who forget instantly why can't there be people like me be available in the world who remember what ever they read or watch audio-visually, if they wish? However, I walk on the ground and live on the ground as my body is perishable... 
Just check URLs:
..... We don't fit into this criteria.....At least not me, who wants to discuss and solve new problems of this world everyday and let take human civilization to pinnacle.
However, yesterday's child used the fluke word and then I understood, "Oh, for people, they feel I solve the problems at faster speed as I fluke....".
Then, all the best to this fluke world....yes, this world is "Maya" or "Mirage" or "Bubble on the wave of tide of giant cosmic ocean"....truly only if someone realizes then only s/he could understand. 
Hope in future we've truly great world of humanity. All the best to human civilisation.
Aum. Amen. Aman.
Dr. Ashish Manohar Urkude, lives on the ground, Nagpur, India

No comments: